Basic Male Cosplay Makeup Tutorial!
aka: Alex rambles on for 24 minutes about cosplay, binders, wig caps, contacts and makeup with the goal of being at least somewhat helpful?
I had a few requests asking how I did my male makeup for cosplay so here you go! Apologies for the length, I go into a bit more than just the makeup so it ended up longer than I planned. Also, I said it ten times in the video and I’m going to say it again here; cosplay makeup is very character and face specific. This is what I’ve found works for me personally but I both recommend and encourage looking at other tutorials to see what works best for you!
Things I mentioned:
- underworks (binder)
- kiwiberry1-collection (circle lenses)
- youknowit (theatrical lenses)
- Why Monistat Chafing Gel is a Great Primer.
- products used
Other helpful resources:
- Male vs. Female Contouring Guide
- This video does an excellent job of showing where and how to EXACTLY contour for a masculine face.
- For those who want a more dramatic eye try here and here.
- This is mainly a female makeup tutorial but it’s a really great one and can be applied to male makeup as well so check it out!
- How to property put on a wig cap/wig.
- I forgot to mention; use concealer to cover up under eye shadows or dark spots before applying foundation. Also a good nude lipstick can go a long way in making your lips look more masculine!
Ask me anything!
If you have a cosplay question, please check out my FAQ first. :3